Eglise Notre-Dame d'Hambye

The church Notre-Dame in Hambye was built in the 12th century between the Sienne and the Doquette rivers. The site was formerly a forest so the monks cleared it in order to build the abbey. They lived in the building until the 18th century. The monastery mixes Roman and Gothic style. The abbey was dismantled during the French revolution then used as a quarry. It was listed as a French historical monument in the early 20th century. The church Notre-Dame in Hambye is surrounded by a nice forest, typical of the Norman valleys. The private parts of the castle have been restored since 1956 and the estate has been fitted with tracks favourable for walking.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onEglise Notre-Dame d'Hambye