Musée du Bailliage

The museum of the Bailliage of Rouffach presents the treasures of the former capital of the Haut-Mundat (possessions of the bishop of Strasbourg in Upper Alsace), as well as the villages that made up its Bailliage (territory placed under the authority of the seigniorial bailiff).

The museum was created by the town of Rouffach in 1960, at the instigation of the History and Archaeology Society of the Canton of Rouffach.

It is located on the first floor of the old corn hall (which used to house the local boys' school), built in the 16th century and classified as a historical monument in 1921.

The stone staircase with two converging flights was added in 1924.


Accommodation nearby

75 € From
au-relais-d-alsace rouffach

Au Relais d'Alsace

  • Rouffach
  • 03 89 49 66 32
85 € From
auberge-du-cheval-blanc westhalten

Auberge du Cheval Blanc

  • Westhalten
  • 03 89 47 01 16
92 € From
hotel-relais-du-vignoble gueberschwihr

Hôtel Relais du Vignoble

  • Gueberschwihr
  • 03 89 49 22 22

Latest news onMusée du Bailliage