Le château de Margaux


Located in the Médoc, the present castle was built in 1810 and 1816 by the architect Louis Combe. The owners of the domain received the territory by marriage or marriage. It is thus a long lineage that goes back to 1377.

The main facade consists of a peristyle colossal four Ionic columns, surmounted by a triangular pediment. It is classified as a historic monument since 1946.

In 1879, Frédéric Pillet-Will buys and vineyard invests large sums to make all its brilliance to the property. It is he who will emerge the concept of creating the second wine of Château Margaux Red Ensign. Currently, Corinne Mentzelopoulos is the mistress of the field with the help of winemaker Paul Pontallier.


Hébergements à proximité




Avis et commentaires sur Le château de Margaux