Château de Dissay


Pierre d'Amboise, Bishop of Poitiers, was the brother of Cardinal d'Amboise, minister of Louis XII, in the late fifteenth century. Diss Castle was home to the bishops of Poitiers until the revolution in 1793. During the third war of religion, Admiral de Coligny took the castle by storm in 1569, before going to besiege Poitiers. There remain traces of bullets on the north tower. The towers were used as prisons.

The Abbe de Saint-Cyran was detained there. The central part was rebuilt between 1900 and 1905. The architect was Mr. Ardion who placed the statue of St. Michael and the crest of Amboise at the entrance. He was classified a historic monument by order of May 9, 1989.


Hébergements à proximité

52 € A partir de
logis-des-deux-tours vendeuvre-du-poitou

Logis des Deux Tours

  • Vendeuvre-du-poitou
  • 05 16 52 34 78
51 € A partir de
domaine-de-la-fuie vendeuvre-du-poitou

Domaine de la Fuie

  • Vendeuvre-du-poitou
  • 06 80 42 93 58




Avis et commentaires sur Château de Dissay