Château des Valois

After the destruction of the first castle to the X century, a new one is built in the XIII century. According to legend, François Ier was born in the park adjacent to the castle in 1494. It now bears his name. The castle was bought in 1796 by Baron Otard, who landscape caves for cognac. It can be visited from the guard room and large arches, the home of the Governor and the chamber of Casque, a museum is also devoted to the production of cognac.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onChâteau des Valois