Welcome to hesdin

ThèmeSciences and discovery
DépartHESDIN (62)
Description

Door of the Country of the 7 Valleys, Hesdin, crossed agreeably by Canche, animated each week by a very attended market, welcomes many French tourists throughout the year and abroad attracted by his inheritance and its gastronomy like by its vast forest and the green surrounding valleys.


The Belfry of Hesdin

the-belfry-of-hesdin

The communal belfry of Hesdin measures 70 meters high. The base is a very simple square tower of three stages, containing three superimposed arched dungeons. It is crowned of an openwork platform of decorations with volutes. It is on this level that the fourth stage occurs, bored on each face of a mullioned window and crowned of a plank of arcades in semicircular arch. This tower ends in an octagonal lantern, which contains a bell of 2000 kilos baptized Danièle, Marie, Pauline, Henriette.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
camping-du-grand-marais verton

Camping du Grand Marais

  • Verton
  • 03 21 84 36 09

A trip of Roadway

a-trip-of-roadway

The first trees were planted in 1857 and 1880. This way made it possible to avoid Hesdin. It is skirted by the outfall channel of Canche, existing since 1613 during the creation of the last bastions in order to avoid the floods of the city by evacuating part of water of Canche towards Ternoise which joined Canche after Hesdin. Other side, working gardens and sporting installations.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
camping-du-grand-marais verton

Camping du Grand Marais

  • Verton
  • 03 21 84 36 09

The Notre-Dame church

the-notre-dame-church

Its current site, street of the Parish, were given in 1554, its first stone posed in 1565 its construction finishing in 1585. if it were saved at the time of the seat of 1639, it undergoes damage lasting the Revolution. In Flemish Hallekerk type without transpept it was restored at the end of the XIX century by the architect hesdinois Clovis Normand. Richly furnished with the elements of the churches of the Jesuits and Récollets, it presents a happy marriage of various styles.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
camping-du-grand-marais verton

Camping du Grand Marais

  • Verton
  • 03 21 84 36 09

The Horse-gear of Cavalry

the-horse-gear-of-cavalry

It was built in 1821 on the bastion of the marquis. Its first stone was posed by the General Garbé, native, and whose name is registered on the Triumphal arch of Star. With a surface of 1000 m ² height 20m, it has a superb frame taking support on brick walls one meter thickness.

This renovated building which is used as room of festivals, of spectacles… is one of the memories of the barracks of Frézelière.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
camping-du-grand-marais verton

Camping du Grand Marais

  • Verton
  • 03 21 84 36 09



Avis et commentaires sur : Welcome to Hesdin