Palais des Ducs de Bourgogne

The Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, in the heart of Dijon, is a monument whose construction was initiated in 1366 by the first Duke of Valois, Philip the Bold. The different parts of the building date from different periods. For example, the palace includes the kitchen and towers Philip the Good and the Bar are in the Gothic style and were built in the fifteenth century. The parties dating from the eighteenth century classical style and were built by the architect of Versailles, Jules Hardouin Mansart.

In 2008 the palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, was renovated. It is currently the home of some of the collections of the Museum of Fine Arts.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onPalais des Ducs de Bourgogne