Château de Bussy-Rabutin

Founded in the XII century by Renaudin de Bussy, the castle of Bussy was rebuilt in the XIV century. It has since been rebuilt under Henry II, then under Louis XIII. The particularity of this place are the walls that reflect the entourage of the Count.

This makes it appear the portraits of famous men he has known, embellished with humorous captions and cynicism. The castle is also famous for its famous collection of portraits of all the ladies that the Count of Bussy is supposed to have loved. During the year 1862, The Count of Sarcus got ranked the castle as a historic monument and began its restoration. The State acquired the building in 1929.

Accommodation nearby

74 € From
hotel-de-l-ecu montbard

Hôtel de l'Ecu

  • Montbard
  • 03 80 92 11 66
68 € From
hotel-de-la-gare montbard

Hôtel de la Gare

  • Montbard
  • 03 80 92 02 12

Latest news onChâteau de Bussy-Rabutin