Discover fruges

ThèmeSciences and discovery
DépartFRUGES (62)
Description

The commune of Fruges is located in the middle of the haut Pays d'Artois, stormy plate, birthplace of some paramount rivers in the area: the Aa, the Lily, Ternoise, Créquoise.


The Town Hall of Fruges

the-town-hall-of-fruges

Located at the center of the place, the town hall is a construction of the monarchy of July. Since 1835, Augustin SALIGOT, the mayor of the time considers its realization. Constant GUILLY, mayor from 1837 to 1848, makes complete work from 1840 to 1842.

It will include: body of guard, place of repression, room of deliberations, secretariat of Town hall, room of district court, office of Clerc's Office, housing of caretaker, office of the Weights and measures, room of deposit of grains and big room.

Its external architecture has no any modification since its construction. The ground floor had made the object of work of refitting in 1972.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
najeti-hotel-du-golf-de-saint-omer acquin-westbecourt

Najeti Hôtel du Golf de Saint Omer

  • Acquin-westbecourt
  • 03 21 11 42 42

The Saint-Bertulphe church

the-saint-bertulphe-church

Since the beginning of the VIII century, Fruges has a church. Since 1829, they speak to restore, increase or rebuild the church. The current church of Fruges is in the neogothic style and is dedicated to Saint-Bertulphe. It was built of 1865 to 1877 on the site of the preceding one according to the plans of the architect Alexandre GRIGNY.

A traditional plan gathers central nave and collateral, a vault absidicale, capitals and lamps skilfully worked, openings decorated by gracious rosettes and canopies with character, as a 50 meters high tower.

From 1990 to 1991 of very important work were carried out following the damage caused by the storm and the lightning. You will notice his interior clearness, his stained glasses which were restored in 1997, its organ built by Bonneau and Beasse at the end of the XIX century. Giant statues out of wooden of lime of Holy Monique and Saint Augustin, vestiges of the Holy-Marie-with-Wood abbey of Ruisseauville are registered with the inventory of the classified movable objects.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
najeti-hotel-du-golf-de-saint-omer acquin-westbecourt

Najeti Hôtel du Golf de Saint Omer

  • Acquin-westbecourt
  • 03 21 11 42 42

The museum of the abbot Delétoille

the-museum-of-the-abbot-deletoille

Inaugurated in 1983, this museum gathers most of the collections of earthenware, coppers and old weapons that had joined together the Abbot Nestor Delétoille, that it exposed formerly in its residence street of the Fountains.

In this museum are more than 600 wonders of XVIII, XIX, and XX century: earthenware of 30 different origins, tins (flat, plates, candlesticks), utility and decorative coppers, weapons (rifles, guns, daggers), pipes, shoes, tools which point out the local arts and crafts. More than 200 postcards and documents present the city at the beginning of this century.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
najeti-hotel-du-golf-de-saint-omer acquin-westbecourt

Najeti Hôtel du Golf de Saint Omer

  • Acquin-westbecourt
  • 03 21 11 42 42

The Stroll of Digues

the-stroll-of-digues

This street bordered of chestnut trees, skirts Traxène and conduit with the Mill of Bat-l'eau with a waterwheel with paddles where many wild ducks elected residence.

At the beginning of the century it was the favorite walk of the frugeois on Sunday and that is still a favorite walk today. They can slacken in the Space Pierre Pinguet offering grounds of game of bowls and tennis, table tennis and plays for children.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
najeti-hotel-du-golf-de-saint-omer acquin-westbecourt

Najeti Hôtel du Golf de Saint Omer

  • Acquin-westbecourt
  • 03 21 11 42 42

Take part in the Saint-Gilliet village fair

take-part-in-the-saint-gilliet-village-fair

Emile THILLIER, founder of the village fair, lived in the 4 of the place St Gilliet. He was alcohol trader. It is with a commercial aim and to give more animation to its district than it created in 1921 the Saint-Gilliet Village fair. He was helped by many tradesmen, whose majority was owners of cabarets or pubs, names which one gave at the time with the coffees.

The launching of this village fair was not a small business. The first were fun fairs which occurred in pre, street of the Marsh, between the place St Gilliet and the street Pierre Decréquy. Must often be paid the open ones to incite them to come to install the horse-gears and huts.

Later, the musics of the surroundings and the field like " Fathers Joie" from St pol. came to lend their contest. Some inhabitants of the District grouped to produce either a tank, or a carnavalesque group. This tradition always exists.


Hébergements à proximité

ternelia-le-manoir-de-la-canche huby-saint-leu

Ternélia Le Manoir de La Canche

  • Huby-saint-leu
  • 04 50 05 86 47
najeti-hotel-du-golf-de-saint-omer acquin-westbecourt

Najeti Hôtel du Golf de Saint Omer

  • Acquin-westbecourt
  • 03 21 11 42 42



Avis et commentaires sur : Discover Fruges