Palais Jacques Coeur

Formerly known as "La Grant'Maison" the Palace Jacques Coeur served Hotel at Bishop l'Argentier. It was built between 1443 and 1450 when Jacques Coeur was at the height of his power. It's been the best example of civil architecture XV century in France.

The original building is in its back cover that is built on the Gallo Roman, reusing the buildings. His appearance is rough, unlike the facade facing the street, which is a model of refinement. The interior is equally remarkable, with thousands of sculptures. In the year 1450, Jacques Coeur palace used her once, at the party given for the accession of his son Jean as Archbishop of Bourges. During this same period and after the conviction of High Treasurer, the building was looted by the King as all of his possessions.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onPalais Jacques Coeur