Château de Baronville

Baronville Castle is a castle in the town of Beville-le-Comte, in Eure-et-Loir, France. The name of Baronville date from the Gallo-Roman (barons villa). Baronville Castle was originally a fortress to control the valley see it.In 1623, a castle was built on the remains from the previous family Montescot. It then passes through marriage into the family of Lattaignant.

The Lordship of Baronville (and County Bainville) was acquired in 1783 by the Marquis Francois d'Aligre Stephen, first president of the parliament of Paris. ? ? In 1868, his great grand-son of the Marquis Pomereu Aligre shaved Castle 1623 and the current building, to receive the elite of the Second Empire, by architect Leon Sanger. The same craftsmen, highly skilled, then made the covers and ridges of Castle Baronville, Notre-Dame de Paris, Mont Saint-Michel, but the Statue of Liberty in New York.

During the twentieth century, the area Baronville hosts wounded soldiers between 1914 and 1918, thanks to the generosity of Catherine de Clermont-Tonnerre, Viscountess Pomereu Aligre. Then it will be held three times by German soldiers (including Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus) between 1940 and 1944, including an air base to welcome the fight against Operation Overlord in Normandy.

These successive occupations left the building and park in a relatively degraded, until the Count and Countess de Rouge (see House of Rougé), descendants of Aligre, undertaking major restorations to save this heritage and family history.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onChâteau de Baronville