Musée d'Art et d'Histoire Romain Rolland

The « musée d’Art et d’Histoire Romain Rolland » in Clamecy was founded in 1876 and is housed in the old Duc de Bellegarde hotel.

The collections mainly include contemporary paintings given by the former president François Mittérand. The three archaeology rooms house the gallo-roman vestiges from Compierre, jewelry, arms and three sarcophagus coming from Corvol-l’Orgeuilleux.

The fine art collection includes paintings form the 16th century to the 21th century by Roger de Piles, Stoskopp, Horace Vernet..

Posters from Charles Loupot are also on display Who worked for famous brands such as Cointreau, St Raphael or Valentine.

Musée d'Art et d'Histoire Romain Rolland Avenue de la République 58500 Clamecy

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onMusée d'Art et d'Histoire Romain Rolland