Abbaye de Noirlac

Noirlac abbey was built in 1150 by monks from Clairvaux. They lived there until the 16th century. The monument was linked to national property in 1791.

Subsequently, it housed a porcelain factory. This conversion prevented the destruction of the building, which allowed Cher to make the acquisition in 1909. The abbey was restored between 1950 and 1980.

Today, tourists are discovering a beautifully restored monument. This Cistercian abbey's architecture is simple but impressive. The windows were rebuilt on a more contemporary style, which entered the abbey in a wind of modernity.

Noirlac abbey is also the venue for cultural events by becoming a cultural center meeting. Conferences, exhibitions are held to the delight of the public. Tours can be free.

Some Sundays, themed tours are organized to see the abbey in another aspect. Finally, in August, for two Fridays, the tourists will have the opportunity to do a night tour of the monument to be illuminated.

Accommodation nearby

Latest news onAbbaye de Noirlac