TopicSciences and discovery
DepartureGRANDPRE (08)

During the ages, the village was the object of sacks and devastation and had been rebuilt every time. At the end of the first world war, french and allied armies bombard without mercy the center of the town as well as the earls domains.

Lieux et monuments

The Saint Médard church, with stall and tomb of the Counts de Joyeuse (17th century). The stalls and the drum of the main door come from the Abbey of Mouzon, following its dismantling with the revolution. The castle was built by the family de Merry during the 16th century and destroyed by fire in 1834. The porch called Justice door, had been built in 1617 in a typical Louis the 13th style with stones and bricks.

Accommodation nearby

homair-vacances-le-lac-de-bairon le-chesne

Homair Vacances le Lac de Bairon

  • Le chesne
  • 08 20 20 12 07

Latest news on : GRANDPRE