Villa Savoye


The Villa Savoye, named after its former owner Pierre Savoye is a symbol of the modernity of Le Corbusier. Located in the outskirts of Paris in the city of Poissy, it was a country retreat of the Savoye family from 1931 to 1940, then was severely damaged during the war.

The building, shaped as a white parallelepiped was built on the base of Le Corbusier’s five points of new architecture. The villa is supported by pilotis, the ground level was used as a garage. On the first floor, wide windows let the light penetrate and on the roof, the garden and the terrace bring nature into the house. The Villa became a major achievement in the architecture of the XXth century. The house fell into decay until 1963 when its restoration started. The Villa became a French historical monument in 1965, a rare occurence as its creator was still living at the time.The Villa Savoye is now open to public.


Accommodation nearby

90 € From
windsor-home-paris paris-16eme

Windsor Home Paris

  • Paris 16eme
  • 01 45 04 49 49
65 € From
hotel-hameau-de-passy paris-16eme

Hôtel Hameau de Passy

  • Paris 16eme
  • 01 42 88 47 55

image reservation



Latest news onVilla Savoye