Often called "the Good Mother," Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde is located on a limestone peak of 149 meters and 13 meters surhausser through the walls and foundations of an old fort.
Built in 1864 by architect Henry Espérandieu replaces the basilica a chapel of the same name, built in the thirteenth century.
Between 2001 and 2008, a long restoration has allowed the church to regain its former glory.
Hill Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde is a World Heritage Site since 1917. Since the Middle Ages, Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde is considered the guardian of sailors and fishermen.
Hôtel Restaurant Le Rhul
- 04 91 52 01 77
- 01 4 2 51 5 9 44
Au Cabanon de Malmousque
- 01 42 51 59 44
Latest news onBasilique Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde
Winter (October to March) 7:00 a.m. to 6:15 p.m. - closing the last gate at 7 p.m
Summer (April to September) from 7:00 to 7:15 p.m. - closing the last gate at 8 p.m
- 5 Museum
- 5 Monuments