Musée des Beaux-Arts


Purchased by the city of Nice in 1925 to install the Museum of Fine Arts, the house was built on the initiative of the Russian princess Kotchoubey in 1878, before being completed by the American Thompson. The museum owes its collection through donations from private collectors.

The visit takes place on two floors of the building. Inside, the collections of paintings range from the sixteenth to the twentieth century. The Nabis, the Fauves, the Impressionists, but also the post-impressionists are represented (Rodin, Monet, Dufy ...).

The building is often called Jules Cheret because it has a large collection of the painter.


Accommodation nearby

69 € From
hotel-villa-eden nice

Hôtel Villa Eden

  • Nice
  • 04 93 86 53 70
hotel-le-royal nice

Hôtel Le Royal

  • Nice
  • 04 91 00 96 49
90 € From
mas-des-oliviers nice

Mas des Oliviers

  • Nice
  • 04 93 52 22 60




Latest news onMusée des Beaux-Arts