Les Grottes de Médous


On August 8th, 1948, three cavers in the area discovered the caves Médous after trying to find the origin and course of the waters. The caves will be open to the public in spring 1951, after a year of exploration and two facilities.

During the history, Médous has attracted pilgrims. The Virgin Mary appeared to be in the presence of a small shepherd. A chapel receives even today pilgrims.


Accommodation nearby

43 € From
chalet-saint-louis lourdes

Chalet Saint Louis

  • Lourdes
  • 05 62 94 03 89
46 € From
villa-la-colombiere lourdes

Villa La Colombière

  • Lourdes
  • 05 62 94 39 35

image reservation



Latest news onLes Grottes de Médous