Eglise Saint-François de Sales d'Annecy


The building of baroque style, has a simple interior decorated with beautiful altarpieces dating from the seventeenth century. Built in 1614, the Church of St. Francis de Sales enjoyed its heyday when it hosted the grave of St. Jeanne de Chantal and St. Francis de Sales, and it became an important pilgrimage site. The graves of these two saints were moved several times after the Revolution because the religious leaders were concerned that they are destroyed. They are now in the Basilica of the Visitation at Annecy. The church has been transformed several times, first in military barracks and then manufacture in the eighteenth and finally in shops and workshops in the late nineteenth. It regained its function as church after the First World War.


Accommodation nearby

73 € From
hotel-alpha epagny

Hôtel Alpha

  • Epagny
  • 04 50 22 67 46
68 € From
hotel-residel sevrier

Hôtel Résidel

  • Sevrier
  • 04 5 0 52 6 7 50
ternelia-le-pavillon-des-fleurs menthon-saint-bernard

Ternélia Le Pavillon des Fleurs

  • Menthon-saint-bernard
  • 04 50 05 86 47

image reservation



Latest news onEglise Saint-François de Sales d'Annecy