Musée d’histoire de la ville et d’ethnographie du Pays Maloin


The museum was built from the pieces of an old town hall and dungeon in 1927. In 1944, paintings collections were entirely destroyed except from the protrait of Chateaubriand by Girodet.

In 1950, a décision was made to extend the museum and create the museum of Histoire de la ville et ses grands hommes (the museum of the city and its personalities) therefore in 1954, donations and acquisitions were given and in 1970 the musée international du Long Court Cap Hornier was created and a section on regional ethnography was opened in 1988 under the name of musée du pays maloin. Collections retrace history and activities of the maloine city highlighting its maritime activities.


Accommodation nearby

90 € From
hotel-cartier saint-malo

Hôtel Cartier

  • Saint-malo
  • 02 99 56 30 00
65 € From
hotel-le-grand-large cancale

Hôtel le Grand Large

  • Cancale
  • 02 99 89 82 90
89 € From
le-querrien cancale

Le Querrien

  • Cancale
  • 02 99 89 64 56

image reservation



Latest news onMusée d’histoire de la ville et d’ethnographie du Pays Maloin