Le Château de Murol


Murol Castle was built in the twelfth century by the Barons living in Murol. Subsequently, the building was transformed into a fortress in the fourteenth century and underwent further development under the leadership of William II of Murol. The building across time, escaped many wars and the French Revolution. It is considered as an essential element, reflecting the medieval military architecture. In 1890 the department acquired the castle. Then in 1958 it was listed as an historical building, which allowed the renovations in 1998. Since 1986 it is an association that manages the castle. Since 2007, visitors will have the opportunity to attend tours led by knights, "paladins de Sancy", reviving life as it was in the Middle Ages the castle.


Accommodation nearby

7.82 € From
camping-l-ombrage saint-pierre-colamine

Camping L'ombrage

  • Saint-pierre-colamine
  • 04 73 96 77 87
45 € From
brit-hotel-les-mouflons besse-et-saint-anastaise

Brit Hotel Les Mouflons

  • Besse-et-saint-anastaise
  • 04 73 79 56 93
52 € From
hotel-sabrina besse-et-saint-anastaise

Hôtel Sabrina

  • Besse-et-saint-anastaise
  • 04 73 79 60 02

image reservation



Latest news onLe Château de Murol