La Maison Penchée


The Leaning House was built in 1939 on a powder keg of stone. Its was connected to the Mont Cenis Tunnel. The house was designed to serve as a lookout and defense for the tunnel entrance. At the end of 1944, during World War II, the Germans destroyed the roads and the rail system. They placed explosives in the tunnel, ready for the entrance where the house stood. The force of the explosion was such that the reinforced concrete building was thrown several meters away. Thus the house was moved and found himself inclined without being destroyed. Today, it acquired the name Leaning House and became an attraction known throughout much of Europe.


Accommodation nearby

81 € From
hotel-restaurant-les-mottets aussois

Hôtel Restaurant Les Mottets

  • Aussois
  • 04 79 20 30 86
pierre-vacances-le-machu-pichu val-thorens

Pierre & Vacances Le Machu Pichu***

  • Val thorens
  • 08 92 70 21 80
2009 € From
le-val-chaviere val-thorens

Le Val Chavière

  • Val thorens
  • 04 7 9 00 9 0 70




Latest news onLa Maison Penchée