Château de Montaigu


In the late eighteenth century, Bon Prevost, RG Farms Lorraine, built a villa on a hillside. When the Marquis de Vaugiraud bought it in 1856, he gives the appearance of a castle. Residence Edouard Salin (1889-1970) from 1920, metallurgical engineer, archaeologist who should contribute to archaeological excavations of Gallo-Roman sanctuary at Grand, writer, scientist and collector, he bequeathed to the Musée Lorraine, Nancy.

A portion of the park was sold in order to build the Museum of the History of Iron. Montague Chapel in the castle park was listed as historical monuments by an order dated January 22, 1934, the castle itself was recorded December 6, 1957; facades and roofs, as well as its grounds, have assigned January 27, 1958, and finally its dependencies were registered April 7, 1998.


Accommodation nearby

63 € From
brit-hotel-l-eclipse-nancy heillecourt

Brit Hotel L'Eclipse Nancy

  • Heillecourt
  • 03 83 56 63 63
40 € From
quick-palace essey-les-nancy

Quick Palace

  • Essey-les-nancy
  • 03 83 29 24 53
55 € From
hotel-kyriad-ludres ludres

Hôtel Kyriad Ludres

  • Ludres
  • 03 83 26 15 00

image reservation



Latest news onChâteau de Montaigu