Tour de la Pelote


La tour de la Pelote stands in the town of Besancon, in the center. It is established on land purchased by Pierre Pillot, the Lord of Chenecey, hence the possible link with the name of this tower. It was built in 1546 at the initiative of Charles V, who named the city of Besançon as "one of the shields of his vast empire."

In the seventeenth century, this tower integration Vauban in Besançon defensive network. La tour de la Pelote joined the list of historic October 21, 1942. Since 2000, this building remains one of the most important tours of the city is besieged by a restaurant whose specialty is the "big gray snail."


Accommodation nearby

73 € From
hotel-du-nord besancon

Hôtel du Nord

  • Besancon
  • 03 81 81 34 56

image reservation



Latest news onTour de la Pelote