Guignicourt

TopicSciences and discovery
DepartureGUIGNICOURT (02)
Details

Guignicourt is a village which is located at 20 km of Rheims, 25 km of Laon. Moreover Guignicourt is in direct connection with Paris (1h30 by A4 motorway) and Lille (2h00 by motorway A26 and A1)
This is a peaceful small town profiting from all the local services, with the charms of a garden at the edge of Aisne.


Discover Guignicourt

discover-guignicourt

Just only 4 km of the exit Way of the Ladies of the motorway A26 (Calais-Rheims-Dijon), 25 km of Rheims, 34 km of Laon and 51 km of Soissons! Rapid access towards Paris, Disneyland, Charles de Gaulle airport, station TGV Champagne Ardenne and Center Parks of Chamouille (25 km).

Small town of 2.188 inhabitants, Guignicourt is with the crossroads of Aisne, the Ardennes and the Marne. It is a peaceful small town profiting from all the local services: doctors, schools, trade, camp-site, etc with the charms of a garden at the edge of Aisne.

Guignicourt proposes the cultural and sporting equipment varied allowing each one to appease its sporting or artistic passion. Nearly forty associations are present there. Guignicourt is also characterized by its on a regional level recognized demonstrations: fair, pedestrian cycle races and, sporting tournaments, festival of the Art, concerts, secondhand trade, etc

Guignicourt is a rural district which takes care of its environment and its green areas but, activates, it knew to develop to have the attractions of the great agglomerations.

in the course of the years, from new districts came to be grafted. Each one they has its characteristics but all have a common point: quality of life remains privileged there. Guignicourt attaches to remain a place where the inhabitants feel well, where it makes good things in life


Accommodation nearby

hotel-du-chemin-des-dames corbeny

Hôtel du Chemin des Dames

  • Corbeny
  • 03 23 23 95 70
center-parcs-le-lac-d-ailette chamouille

Center Parcs Le Lac d'Ailette

  • Chamouille
  • 04 9 0 23 5 0 64

The Saint-Pierre church in Guignicourt

the-saint-pierre-church-in-guignicourt

Only witness of the past, the history of our church recuts himself naturally with that of the village. The ancient period then Gallo-Roman to the surroundings of the VI century, poses assumptions in the absence of certainty.

As in all the villages, it had to exist an initially Gallic sanctuary then Gallo-Roman, one of these small country temples called “fanum”. Devoted to the Gallic pagan worships, then Gallo-Roman, it was to be already drawn up in the place of our current church, assumption supported by the discovery of the substructures of one of these small temples in the ruins of the church of Menneville after the war of 1914-1918.

From VIe century to XIe century, the dynasties mérovingienne and Carolingian will see the construction of a small wood church in the place of the pagan temple. This period corresponds to the christianization of the campaigns. In our area close to Rheims, the prestige of the large bishop Saint Remi had to ensure a faster propagation the Christian religion than in other areas where paganism moved back more slowly.

In XI century begins the period when the construction of another church starts, of stone this time. The wood church could not resist the disturbed centuries (between the Life and XIe century), which had seen the surge of the cruel invasions come from the east then north. It had to be several times burned; a rebuilding is essential. The great fear of the catastrophes which were to bring the Year Thousand being revealed vain, a great dash of faith was at the origin of the construction of multiple churches and cathedrals.

A stone church thus will be built: that which we currently see, who is however not the certified copy of old. The external differences relate on the western part with its gate of entry and to the turrets.


Accommodation nearby

hotel-du-chemin-des-dames corbeny

Hôtel du Chemin des Dames

  • Corbeny
  • 03 23 23 95 70
center-parcs-le-lac-d-ailette chamouille

Center Parcs Le Lac d'Ailette

  • Chamouille
  • 04 9 0 23 5 0 64

The walk of Illerrieden

the-walk-of-illerrieden

The walk of Illerrieden is the part guignicourtoise way of connection intervillages which crosses Guignicourt, Menneville, Neufchâtel-on-Aisne and Évergnicourt.
This way is managed by the trade union of the Way of Intervillages Connection, represented by delegates of the various crossed communes. For Guignicourt, the two deputy holders are Jacques Gaillot and Bruno Pizzighella (deputy substitute: Noëlle Goulard)

This pleasant and quiet course of 7 km and regularly maintained, is reserved to the cyclists and to pedestrians. This is a beautiful rehabilitation of the old railway which connected the paper mill of Évergnicourt to the station of Guignicourt.
Hiking roads out of Champagne Picardy borrowing this walk

  • Circuit n°1: The mill flaring (length 12 km - 3:15 duration)
  • Circuit n°2: The channel (length 16 km)
  • Circuit n°3/4: Saint-Rigobert (length 7 km - 3:15 duration)

Accommodation nearby

hotel-du-chemin-des-dames corbeny

Hôtel du Chemin des Dames

  • Corbeny
  • 03 23 23 95 70
center-parcs-le-lac-d-ailette chamouille

Center Parcs Le Lac d'Ailette

  • Chamouille
  • 04 9 0 23 5 0 64

The Edges of Aisne

the-edges-of-aisne

 Throughout le village, the adjacent streets with the Franklin Roosevelt street and the street of the Release (main streets) will quickly lead you towards the peaceful framework of the edges of lAisne. The prospect of an excellent moment of relaxation is very close… Shaded on the major part of its course, this walk begins with height from the campsite and ends with bridge the SNCF crossing the river.


Accommodation nearby

hotel-du-chemin-des-dames corbeny

Hôtel du Chemin des Dames

  • Corbeny
  • 03 23 23 95 70
center-parcs-le-lac-d-ailette chamouille

Center Parcs Le Lac d'Ailette

  • Chamouille
  • 04 9 0 23 5 0 64

Memorial of the tanks

miniature miniature
memorial-of-the-tanks

Memorial of the tanks attacking Berry-au-Bac. Source: SGA/DMPA - JP Padellec

Raised with the crossroads of the Cholera, not crucial of the attacks on April 16, 1917, ground acquired in 1921 by the association of old of the artillery attacked this monument of granite is the work of Maxime Rél del Sarte, war veteran. This memorial was inaugurated on July 2, 1922 by the Estienne general, father of the tanks, was accompanied by the Foch marshal, the Pétain marshal, the Mangin general and the Weygand general.

The site was given in 1965 to the commune of Berry-au-Bac. Tanks of the Fifties are  there today exposed. The body of the commander Bossut of the 151e regiment the infantry, fallen at the beginning from the offensive of April 1917, found a few hours after the events, brought back by his brother, the adjudant Pierre Bossut of  A.S. 2, is transported by tank with Cuiry-lès-Chaudardes, where the Estienne general,  " inventeur" French of the tanks comes to greet it before his funerals, on April 18, 1917 with Maizy and his burial in the family vault in Roubaix. On April 12, 1992, with the occasion of the 75e birthday of the combat of 1917, its ashes are reinterred with the monument of the tanks by the general Woisard, president of the national union of the arms armor-plated, in the presence of the Minister for the war veterans. A commemorative plaque, with the back of the monument, homage " returns to him; on April 16, 1917, after s' to be seized of only one jump of this position of the Cholera, 151e R.I. (colonel Moisson) its advance with the continued support of the tanks of the commander Bossut until the wood of Béliers".


Accommodation nearby

hotel-du-chemin-des-dames corbeny

Hôtel du Chemin des Dames

  • Corbeny
  • 03 23 23 95 70
center-parcs-le-lac-d-ailette chamouille

Center Parcs Le Lac d'Ailette

  • Chamouille
  • 04 9 0 23 5 0 64



Latest news on : Guignicourt