Château de La Baume


The castle of La Baume was built from 1630-1635 in an austere style, by Antoine de Grolée and his wife Margaret of Soulatges. Their fifth son inherits the castle and will end after its decoration made his fortune after his intelligence and energy. The second part of the castle and be completed in 1714.

After his death in 1720, the building was abandoned during the Revolution and the Empire. It was then bought in 1850 by Senator Mayran for her daughter, the Countess de Las Cases. Since then, four generations have followed and contributed to the preservation of this monument and animation of Aubrac.


Accommodation nearby

200 € From
gite-la-maison-bouchard nasbinals

Gîte La Maison Bouchard

  • Nasbinals
  • 04 66 32 50 03
56.5 € From
hotel-la-randonnee nasbinals

Hôtel La Randonnée

  • Nasbinals
  • 04 66 32 50 03
56.5 € From
hotel-le-bastide nasbinals

Hôtel Le Bastide

  • Nasbinals
  • 04 66 32 50 03

image reservation



Latest news onChâteau de La Baume