Château du Passage


Castle of Passage is located on the town of Passage. In 1342 the family acquired land in Clermont where the current building to build a fortified house, which you can still see the remains in the right wing of the castle. Following a trial with King Louis XI, the house is sold to the family of Poizieu which began from the year 1650 to build the castle can be admired today.

In 1731, Joseph Gallien Chabon who was an advisor to the parliament of Grenoble nephews bought the family's residence and made many works that are still visible, including the grand staircase in the lobby, the French ceilings of the kitchen and the remarkable woodwork of the eighteenth century. During the same century the castle has a chapel which has three marble altars and a balcony gallery for the servants. During the Revolution, the castle and its furnishings firm is sold and it was not until 1818 that he found the lessee in the person of General Quiot that modernization and marked with his seal.

Many decorative elements changed and so the walls of the entrance hall and staircase decorated saw in the early nineteenth century trompe-l'oeil with military emblems, all inserted in part to the ancient , wallpaper, faux marble still in perfect condition and a billiard room of over 100 sqm. Mary Josephine Piégay became owner of the castle in 1853, and it's actually his great-granddaughter, Margaret of St. Romain's house that still stands. Today the whole castle entire ground floor is open to visitors.


Accommodation nearby

40 € From
l-auberge-du-val-d-ainan saint-geoire-en-valdaine

L'Auberge du Val d'Ainan

  • Saint-geoire-en-valdaine
  • 04 76 06 54 14
40 € From
le-relais-des-vieilles-postes les-avenieres

Le Relais des Vieilles Postes

  • Les avenieres
  • 04 74 33 62 99
58 € From
le-couvent-des-franciscaines morestel

Le Couvent des Franciscaines

  • Morestel
  • 04 74 80 56 82




Latest news onChâteau du Passage