Abbaye de Cerisy-la-Forêt


The origins of the Abbey of Cerisy-La-Forêt back to the sixth century. According to legend Saint Vigor first built a religious monument on land that was offered to him following a fight against a dragon which he emerged victorious.

The building declined over time and was rebuilt in the eleventh century by the Duke of Normandy. The abbey grew in history, and the initial elements of the building were replaced, so there are only very few traces of the time before the eleventh century.

Since 1840, the building joined the list of French historical monuments, which led to its restoration. Currently, the church whose style is roman, this three storey, which are based on double roll arches, open forums on a ship, tall windows and a manway.


Accommodation nearby

85 € From
le-lion-d-or bayeux

Le Lion d'Or

  • Bayeux
  • 02 31 92 06 90
220 € From
chateau-la-cheneviere port-en-bessin-huppain

Château la Cheneviere

  • Port-en-bessin-huppain
  • 02 31 51 25 25

image reservation



Latest news onAbbaye de Cerisy-la-Forêt