Le Palais des Evêques


Medieval fortress, the Palace of Bishops was built on the rock Saint-Michel. This monument became the private residence of the bishops of Viviers, from the middle of the thirteenth century. It will remain in the hands of the bishops until 1858.

Moreover, between 1729 and 1792, the Palace houses a Minor Seminary joined the Faculty of Arts of Valencia. From 1858 until June 1998, it will become a private school. From September 2000, is privately owned.

Much of this historical monument is open to visitors. It includes reconstructions of apartments bishops of the time, kitchens and banquet room emblazoned ...


Accommodation nearby

52 € From
le-robinson-hotel-restaurant pierrelatte

Le Robinson Hôtel Restaurant

  • Pierrelatte
  • 04 75 54 50 43
64 € From
hotel-du-centre pierrelatte

Hôtel du Centre

  • Pierrelatte
  • 04 75 04 28 59
42 € From
hotel-azur pierrelatte

Hôtel Azur

  • Pierrelatte
  • 04 75 04 03 74

image reservation



Latest news onLe Palais des Evêques