Église Saint-Martin


The Church of St. Martin is located on the town of Besse in the French department of Dordogne. It is classified as a historical monument in October 31, 1912. The church was built in the late eleventh century. It would be a former Benedictine priory. It remains the bay of the nave nearest the transept and the west front with the portal. The first two bays of the nave were built in the mid-twelfth century. In the fourteenth century, the church became parochial. The transept and chancel date from the fifteenth century. In the following century, the church depends on the canonical chapter of Biron. In 1648, the church is restored with materials of the old castle that adjoined and in 1811, it intends to destroy it. In 1961, paintings were discovered in the south transept.


Accommodation nearby

512 € From
camping-des-5-vallees briancon

Camping des 5 Vallées

  • Briancon
  • 04 92 21 06 27
400 € From
blue-vacances-camping-les-gentianes val-des-pres

Blue Vacances Camping Les Gentianes

  • Val-des-pres
  • 06 8 0 48 5 5 08

image reservation



Latest news onÉglise Saint-Martin